Authors: Collegian Editorial Board

With the Winter Olympics currently taking place in Vancouver, four CSU volleyball players are thinking about the 2012 Summer Olympics in London as we speak.

After completing what was arguably the best season in CSU Rams volleyball history back in December, Katelin Batten, Danielle Minch, Evan Sanders and Megan Plourde are taking part in tryouts for the U.S. Volleyball Team at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.

Should one (or all) of these knights of the green and gold make the team, they would join former Ram Mekana Barnes (2005-08) on team USA Volleyball.

Minch and Batten were named the Mountain West Conference’s player and libero of the year, respectively, in 2009. Also, last season, those two along with Plourde, were named honorable mention All-Americans. Is there a better form of an “All-American” than being individually chosen to represent America against the world?

While beach volleyball and the duo of Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh might be what garners most attention when it comes to hitting a ball back and fourth across a net during the Olympics, don’t forget the version of the sport we’ve come to love in Fort Collins: on the court.

We just want to say congratulations to Batty, Dani, Evan and Megan for even being selected to tryout, but beyond that we’d like to say good luck. Represent the green and gold.

You’re part of the reason that makes us all proud to be a CSU Ram.