Authors: Madeline Novey

April Fools!

While he had originally planned to speak at CSU’s dedication of Rockwell Hall on April 1, former President Bill Clinton had to postpone his visit to campus until a later date, university officials said Tuesday.

After talks with Clinton’s office, it seems the 42nd president will not be available until later in the spring, said CSU spokesperson Brad Bohlander Tuesday night.

Ajay Menon, the dean of the business school, had sent an e-mail to students in the college, but later clarified his message.
“Soon after I sent you the note, I received word from the Clinton office that he will have to delay his visit,” Menon wrote.
The $17.5 million, 40,500-square foot Rockwell Hall Minor in Business addition will feature nine new classrooms, a
financial data lab to simulate stock market transactions, a 112-seat auditorium and wireless technology.

The two-story building, that will be located on the west side of Rockwell Hall, will also contain student team rooms for collaboration projects, high-tech classrooms, conference and meeting rooms and a real-time ticker similar to that seen on Wall Street.

CSU broke ground on the expansion Oct. 2, 2008. The project is one of 17 on-going and completed capital construction projects –– those totaling $500,000 or more –– on campus.
If Clinton is not able to make it to speak at CSU, the College of Business, headed by Dean Ajay Menon, is committed to bring another big-name speaker to the dedication for the community to enjoy, Bohlander said. 
_
News Managing Editor Madeline Novey can be reached at news@collegian.com._