Authors: Ryan Gibbons, Glen Pfeiffer

One week from today, we will complete the most American of traditions: standing in line at a store to get cheap prices.

We know you were thinking something about turkey, but to us, Thanksgiving is more about remembering how the Native Americans taught early settlers to bundle up and stand outside all night to get the best deals on electronics.

If you don’t know, it so happens that the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. And to go along with it, retail stores offer the best deals of the year on … everything.

It’s called Black Friday because, typically, it is the day that most retail stores get their finances out of the “red” and into the “black” for the first quarter of the fiscal year.

And to top off the excitement, three days later zombies will attack the human population of CSU in a bloodthirsty rage. And we can’t wait. There’ll be more on that later in the column.

So to answer your burning question: Yes, the Best Buy at Centerra in Loveland is the place to be after you finish your turkey next Thursday if you want to hang out with the Binary Boys all night long.

It always has some amazing deals. We’ve made a lot of purchases in the past, but take a look at some of the deals we have our eyes on this year:

– Blu-ray players: $99.99

– Blu-ray discs: $7.99

DVDs: $3.99

– Samsung 42” Plasma: $547.99

– Dell 20” HD Flat Panel: $99

– 500 GB WD Mini Hard Drive: $79

The list goes on and on, but rather then filling our word count with cool products, we’ll just give you the link the Web site that hosts all the leaked copies of the ads: http://www.blackfriday.info (or you can just wait until they’re officially released this Sunday).

You can also find ads for all the other big stores, including Target, which is running a pretty sweet special on the Vulcan Nerf gun — this could come in handy. See below.

Humans Vs. Zombies

The week after Thanksgiving break, CSU’s campus will host a massive game of Humans vs. Zombies.

Here’s how it works:

All players wear bandanas for the week — humans wear them on their arm and zombies wear them on their head.

If a zombie tags a human, they “consume them,” and that person becomes a zombie within an hour.

Humans can fight back with Nerf guns. Hit a zombie, and they’re out for 15 minutes.

To participate, you must register online at http://colstate.hvzsource.com. All players will be given an identification number, which will be used to report kills and track game stats online.

The full set of rules is also posted on the site. More than 500 people are signed up already, so this will be no small event.

Basically, we are more excited for this than possibly anything else we’ve ever done at CSU. We are going to be hanging out on the Plaza the whole week blowing away some zombies. We can’t think of anything else we’d rather do.

Rg and Gp will be full of turkey in one week. E-mail verve@collegian.com to send the turkey it’s last rights.