Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer

Fresh off of a double overtime thriller, the CSU Rams men’s basketball team has no time to rest.

The Rams (4-2) are set to travel east to Greeley to take on the undefeated University of Northern Colorado (6-0) tonight in a match up of growing in-state rivals.

CSU head coach Tim Miles said this game marks the start of an important few days for the Rams.

“We have a big week, and it just gets tougher and tougher,” the third-year CSU coach said. “UNC is off to maybe their best start ever, and you look at Denver who is 4-1. Those are two pretty important ball games. We have to do well this week and show progress.”

CSU enters tonight on a two-game winning streak, most recently knocking off the San Francisco Dons 91-75 in double overtime Sunday night.

The Rams are led by guard Dorian Green, who played all 50 minutes of CSU’s win over the Dons. The true freshman has been key for the Rams this season, leading the team with 14.7 points and four assists per game.

The Bears are looking to continue a perfect season as they host the Rams in their first home game of the season. UNC is coming off a 70-63 win over North Dakota last Friday.

The Bears are led by guard Will Figures. The senior is averaging 16.7 points and 2.8 rebounds per game this season.

Tip-off at tonight’s game is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Butler-Hancock Pavilion on the Northern Colorado campus.

Assistant Sports Editor Adam Bohlmeyer can be reached at sports@collegian.com.