Rams face short week

Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer

Even the most disappointing of CSU Rams seasons can be redeemed with a win over Wyoming.

Two days after losing their eighth consecutive game, falling to a previously winless New Mexico; CSU is focused completely on beating their arch rivals, the Wyoming Cowboys.

Head coach Steve Fairchild explained just how important this week is to the Rams.

“This always has been and always will be the biggest week of the season for Colorado State Football and we are very anxious to have a chance to play this game and very excited to be involved in this great rivalry,” Fairchild said in his weekly press conference on Monday.

Along with the pressure to end the season with a win, the Rams also have the added difficulty of a short week. CSU is scheduled to host the Cowboys this Friday at Hughes Stadium, giving the Rams one less day than normal to prepare.

Fairchild ensured that he will have his team ready to play on Friday and will have their minds soley on retaining the prized Bronze Boot.

“There is no time to feel sorry for ourselves,” he said. “We have a short week this week and we have a lot to do in a short amount of time. We’ll be out on the practice field today getting ready for this game.”

After being knocked out the Rams last game with an injury, CSU quarterback Grant Stucker is still questionable for this week. Fairchild explained that he would have to wait and see if the senior can play.

If Stucker is unable to go, junior Jon Eastman will take the reigns for CSU. T.J. Borcky will be the back up.

Taking in consideration the disappointing season and all the injuries the Rams are currently suffering, Fairchild fully expects his team to beat the Cowboys to finish out the season.

“I’m a believer in if we keep forward with good attitudes and keep practicing the way we are practicing that we’ll see improvement here and there and eventually you’re going to break through,” he said.

Assistant sports Editor Adam Bohlmeyer can be reached at sports@collegian.com