Authors: Collegian Staff Report

Birth announcements, weddings, tidbits on President Tony Frank’s favorite holiday tradition and a lengthy look back at some of the more colorful CSU presidents who’ve served in the last 134 years are just a few of the items that will be featured in a new publication being launched soon by Student Media.

Expected to be called FS Life (as in Faculty Staff Life), the homespun-style publication will debut at the end of the month with more than 6,000 copies being distributed in the office mailboxes of faculty and staff members across campus.

The “community news-style” publication will offer gardening tips, dining and wine ideas, travel suggestions and ideas for holiday activities and shopping.

FS Life will also include any announcements about books being written by faculty and staff or promotions and job changes they want to share. Health and nutrition will also be covered.

The aim of the new endeavor is to focus on the day-to-day lives of the men and women who teach, administer and staff for the thousands of CSU students. The publication will be produced by undergraduate and graduate students and co-edited by both a Student Media student manager and a professional on staff.

Anyone or any college or department who would like to submit an item for publication, please contact Holly Wolcott by phone at 491-1781 or e-mail at holly.wolcott@colostate.edu.