Authors: Matt L. Stephens

Despite its five-game losing streak, the CSU football team has picked up four new verbal commitments this week from the class of 2010. Mason Myers, Mason Hathaway, Trevor Murphy and Shaquille Bell have all told their recruiting contacts that they want to become Rams when signing day hits in February.

Myers, a 6-foot-3, 268 pound, center from Southmoore High School in Moore, Okla. was on an official visit to CSU this past Saturday when the Rams fell to San Diego State. The 3-star prospect gave his verbal on Friday. Myers also held offers from North Texas and Purdue, according to Rivals.com.

Hathaway, who joined Myers on his official visit last Saturday, is a 2-star offensive tackle reigning from national high school powerhouse Southlake Carroll in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. He also had offers from Stephen F. Austin, UTEP, Purdue and Tulane.

Murphy, another 3-star offensive center, was originally planning on committing to Louisiana Tech, but pulled the trigger at CSU on Wednesday morning.

Bell, the only skill position player who committed in the past week, is a 5-foot-11, 177 pound cornerback from Osceola, Fla. – in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area. CSU starting cornerback Gerard “Momo” Thomas also attended Osceola High School.

In total, the Rams have 14 verbal commitments from the class of 2010.

Sports Editor Matt L. Stephens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.