Authors: Matt Minich

CSU’s governing body will meet today and Friday to hear presentations from university officials and discuss the university’s current standing and budgetary future, including what CSU’s funding options will be after the university’s stimulus money runs out.

Today’s agenda consists entirely of meetings by the board’s committees. Most presentations and discussion by board members will take place at these meetings, BOG spokesperson Michelle McKinney said. All meetings will take place in the Lory Student Center’s Grey Rock Room.

The board, which consists of 13 members — four of whom are “ex-officio” or non-voting members/– oversees the finances and administration of CSU, CSU-Pueblo and the university’s new online school, CSU Global.

The most pressing business will be discussed by the finance committee at 1 p.m., McKinney said, when the committee will examine CSU’s funding options after the university’s stimulus money runs out in 2012.

At noon, the Evaluation Committee, which consists only of the board’s nine voting members, will meet to discuss the criteria required for presidents and chancellors to receive performance-related bonuses.

At 8 a.m. Friday morning, members of the board will hear public comments. Students, faculty or staff who want to comment will have to sign up outside the room before the comment session begins, McKinney said.

CSU President Tony Frank and CSU-Pueblo President Joe Garcia will give their reports on campus enrollment at the two universities Friday. The reports include a number of enrollment statistics, including the numbers of high school graduates accepted to and enrolling in the university.

President of the Associated Students of CSU Dan Gearhart, who is an ex-officio member of the boardand the student representative, will present a report on student programs and issues.

Gearhart’s report gives operational statistics for RamRide, CSU’s “safe ride home” car service and a copy of ASCSU’s proposed changes to the city’s housing ordinance, commonly known as U+2 or 3-Unrelated.

Gearhart will also answer any questions the board may have regarding student issues or opinions surrounding university policy, he said.

“Anything that the university deals with will be addressed by the Board of Governors.”

The meetings will be open to the public with the exception of an executive session at 8:40 a.m. Friday morning, which will be closed to everyone but the 13 board members.

A full meeting agenda is available online at http:// csusystem.edu/pages/documents/finalpacketforbook.pdf.

Senior Reporter Matt Minich can be reached at news@collegian.com.