Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer

The CSU Rams did something they hadn’t done in nearly two years Saturday evening.

The Rams (9-18 4-9) defeated the Air Force Academy (9-17 0-13), knocking off the Falcons in a nail bitter and ending a 19 game road losing streak

Trailing by three points, the Falcons took over possession with 20 seconds left in the game. After a missed 15-foot shot by AF senior Matt Holland, CSU’s Arin Dunn grabbed the rebound and was fouled. Dunn, a junior would hit both free throws with seven seconds left to secure the Rams victory.

Head coach Tim Miles explained that he has always preached the never give up ethic to the Rams and said he was pleased they followed it tonight.

“We always fight back,” the second year Rams coach said. “We always have to keep fighting back and fighting back and then will turn it. Fortunately that happened tonight.”

Senior Marcus Walker led the way for the Rams, putting up 20 points, including four three pointers. Sophomore Andre McFarland was also feeling the long ball, hitting four three pointers of his own.

“I felt pretty comfortable tonight,” McFarland, a guard said. “I came out not caring if I was going to miss a shot or not. It seemed to work, so I kept letting it go.”

Senior Andrew Henke had a career day for the Falcons in the loss, posting 29 points, 18 coming from three pointers.

Up next for the Rams is a showdown with arch rival Wyoming in Moby Arena on Wednesday.