Rams take down TCU

Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer

The CSU Rams have already compiled more wins than they did last season and still have 7 games to go.

The Rams (8-15 3-5) earned their eighth win of the season Saturday night in Moby Arena, knocking off the Texas Christian Horned Frogs (13-10 5-4) 71-65.

Senior Guard Marcus Walker was big for CSU, putting up 20 points, including a string of seven straight midway through the second half, allowing the Rams to keep pace with TCU.

Junior Harvey Perry provided a spark for the Rams off the bench, playing tough defense while adding 10 points. The guard hit a base line three pointer late in the second half to insure a victory, putting the Rams up 67-61. A minute and a few clutch free throws later, CSU broke their three game losing streak.

CSU head coach Tim Miles was pleased with the victory, but explained he isn’t even keeping track of this season’s wins.

“I’m not even counting,” the second year CSU head man said. “I’d like a one in front of the eight, but the kids played with a lot of energy tonight. I want that to be a trademark of our program and if we do that, the other wins will just keep coming.”

Perry said it was Miles’ game plan and practices that put the Rams over the top against the Horned Frogs.

“Coach had us running a lot in practice and working on energy and second chance plays,” the Las Vegas native said. “We just came out and played harder than them tonight.”

Up next for the Rams is a two game road trip, beginning in Provo, Utah against the BYU Cougars Wednesday night.

Men’s Basketball beat reporter Adam Bohlmeyer can be reached at sports@collegian.com