Authors: Jessica Cline

Academy Award nominee Morgan Spurlock, creator of the documentary “Super Size Me” and producer of the reality television show “30 Days,” will address the issue of health and exercise, as well as social justice, acceptance and understanding at 7 p.m. tonight at the Lincoln Center.

Beet Street, a Fort Collins organization to stimulate culture, art and science in the community, will present “A Night with Morgan Spurlock” as part of its new series Thought Leader, which brings “speakers you know and topics you care about,” according to the group’s Web site.

The Thought Leader series allows audiences perspective on a wide range of topics. According to Elesha Mercier, Media Relations Coordinator for Beet Street, all of the topics are about issues that are important in contemporary times.

Spurlock is most noted for his hands-on social experiments into learning about contentious topics and bringing people who are very different together to learn about one another. Also, he has authored several books and produced the reality television show “30 Days.”

Tickets for the event are $25 for general admission and $35 for admission that includes a reception and talk with the speaker. Tickets can be purchased by calling (970) 482-2232 or by visiting www.fctix.com or they can be bought at the Lincoln Event Center.

Staff writer Jessica Cline can be reached at news@collegian.com.