Authors: Matt L. Stephens

As if junior free safety Klint Kubiak hadn’t been burdened enough by injury the past two seasons, more bad news came his way on Monday as head coach Steve Fairchild announced that Kubiak will miss the Rams’ final two games of the regular season against New Mexico and Wyoming.

The Englewood, Colo., native is out with a knee injury that he sustained during the first play of Saturday’s game at Air Force.

CSU head coach Steve Fairchild addressed the situation at his weekly press conference Monday afternoon.

“He’s out. He injured his knee and he’s out. I just feel so bad for him because of all the work he’s put in and what a tremendous year he was having when he was playing,” Fairchild said. “But that’s the nature of this game, and he’ll be back, and we’ll go from there. He won’t play in either of the last two games.”

In only six games played this season, Kubiak recorded 28 tackles as well as an interception in the end zone against Houston during the Ram’s third game this season, which sealed the victory and gave CSU their first above .500 mark since 2006.

While Kubiak will miss the remainder of the regular season, CSU Media Relations Director Zak Gilbert confirmed that there is a chance the safety may be healthy enough to participate in post-season bowl play, given the Rams become eligible.

Football beat writer Matt Stephens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.