Today, Americans have a chance to make history.

The time has come when votes will be counted and campaign attack ads will cease at last. Hours of campaigning will be rewarded for one pair of candidates when the results of what might possibly be the most important election in which Americans will ever have the chance to vote come in.

Why is this election important, you ask? Well, considering the state of the economy, the war in Iraq, healthcare and the environment, to name a few, our next leader will certainly have his work cut our for him.

In order to solve these important issues, our next president cannot stick with current policies. Mark our words CSU: Things are going to change.

Not only will the new leader help determine the future of this nation, but this election may put the first black president in office or the first woman as vice president. No matter the outcome, this election will be historic.

In addition, there are a variety of local ballot issues that, if passed, could have dramatic consequences for the citizens of Colorado.

Don’t count on your neighbor and your peers to make the decision for you. If you haven’t voted yet, get out there and hit the polls.

Every vote counts. And with so much riding on the line, if there’s one election you want your voice to be heard in, it’s this one.

This election matters, and your vote matters. Get out there CSU — let the powers that be know where you stand.