Every American deserves a choice. And for that reason, Coloradans should vote yes on Amendment 47.

If passed, the “Colorado Right to Work Amendment” would give workers in the state the right to choose whether or not they want join the union at their place of work, as it will prohibit the requirement that workers to join a union as a condition of employment.

We at the Collegian feel that no person should be forced to be a member of a labor union, or any other organization, for that matter.

Closed shop unions, aside from limiting workers choice, also force many workers to support political parties and issues that they may not necessarily agree with. This is not right.

If Amendment 47 is passed, it will strengthen Colorado’s economy by creating jobs and protecting the rights of all employees who work for companies that are under the oversight of labor unions.

What employee doesn’t want that? It will also ensure that no person can be forced to join a union to get or keep a job.

We believe that Colorado’s economy and workforce will benefit from Amendment 47’s passage. Also, Colorado is nearly surrounded by right-to-work states.

Amendment 47 will make Colorado the 23rd state to protect the freedom of workers to choose whether or not to join a union.

Vote yes on Amendment 47 because it’s your right to choose, Colorado.