Authors: Elyse Jarvis

Fort Collins Police Services have not identified a suspect in a burglary that happened at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of Rolland Moore Drive.

The unnamed 58-year-old victim was at home alone when an unknown white male allegedly entered her apartment through a patio door that reportedly may have been unlocked.

The victim informed police that the male approached her from behind and demanded money. When she told him that she had no cash, he tied her hands, gagged her with a cloth and forced her into a bedroom closet before fleeing.

Police said they are unaware of the suspect’s method or direction of travel.

The woman remained in the closet for an hour to an hour and half, according to the police report, before calling to report the burglary at 11:44 a.m. Police responded in less than two minutes, said Rita Davis, Fort Collins Police Services project and public information manager.

The victim was unharmed and no damage was done to her house, Davis said. The victim told police that no weapon was seen during the time the man was in her home.

“It doesn’t appear that (the suspect) took anything,” Davis said.

The victim told police she did not see the suspect’s face because he allegedly approached her from behind, but she described him as a white male between the ages of 30 and 60 years old. He was reportedly wearing a dark baseball hat, a blue and white bandana over his face and blue jeans, according to the police report.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing, and anyone with information should contact Sgt. Jim Hawkins at 970-221-6555 or Crime Stoppers of Larimer

County at 970-221-6868.

News Editor Elyse Jarvis can be reached at news@collegian.com.