Football News & Notes

Authors: Matt L. Stephens

Practice cut short:

After only a half-hour of practice on Wednesday afternoon, the CSU football team decided to cut its time outside short, following multiple nearby flashes of lightning. The team did finish the afternoon with weights and conditioning inside Moby Arena.

Injury update:

While no official word has been released, it appears that good news may be on the way for starting outside linebacker Mychal Sisson, who injured his ankle during Tuesday’s practice. On Wednesday afternoon he sat out of practice, but did not wear a protective device on his leg.

Team to host pep rally downtown:

Tonight at 6 p.m., the CSU football team is holding a pep rally in Old Town in anticipation for the home opener against Sacramento State on Saturday.

Fans are invited to join Head Coach Steve Fairchild, CSU players and the marching band as the Rams prepare for Ag Day, a celebration of Colorado agricultural growers culminating in a barbecue before Saturday’s kickoff.

One of the most noticeable additions to pregame at Hughes Stadium in 2007 was Ram Town, and on Saturday it returns, opening at 10:30 a.m.

Coach Fairchild Web site released:

CSU Football launched a new Web site on Tuesday evening called CoachFair.com. It is an alternative to CSURams.com, focusing only on the Ram football team, its history and tradition.

Collegian sports blog up and running:

On Friday, the sports desk of the Collegian launched a new sports blog at http://www.studentmediacorp.com/sportsblog.

Sports Editor Nick Hubel, football beat reporters Adam Bohlmeyer and Matt Stephens as well as volleyball beat writers Stephen Meyers and Matthew Pucak will be online daily to give readers up-to-the minute CSU sports news. There will also be a video version of the Star Report.

On game days, pregame and in-game blogs will be posted to give fans that can’t be in attendance a look of what’s going on.

Football beat reporter Matt Stephens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.