Authors: Collegian Staff Report

The 99th annual Border War football game between CSU and Wyoming has been moved back to a Saturday for next fall, according to the Rams’ 2008 schedule that was released Tuesday.

This past fall’s matchup, won by the Rams 36-28 in Sonny Lubick’s final game as coach, was held the Friday before Thanksgiving. Next fall’s Border War is set for Nov. 22 in Wyoming, the weekend before Thanksgiving, and will be the last regular season game for the Rams.

CSU will open the 2008 season, Steve Fairchild’s first as head coach of the Rams, with in-state rival CU on Aug. 30 in Denver. A kickoff time and television coverage for the Rocky Mountain Showdown have yet to be determined.

The Rams’ non-conference schedule also includes home games against Sacramento State (Sept. 3) and Houston (Sept. 20), along with an away game at California-Berkeley (Sept. 27).

CSU will play its four home conference games against UNLV (Oct. 4), TCU (Oct. 11), BYU (Nov. 1) and New Mexico (Nov. 15).

Games at Utah (Oct. 18), San Diego State (Oct. 25), Air Force (Nov. 8) and Wyoming (Nov. 22) make up the Rams’ road conference schedule.

The Oct. 25 game at San Diego State will be played at 7:30 p.m., the only game so far set to start after 4 p.m., with the CU and Cal kickoff times to be announced later.

All the Mountain West games will be broadcast on the Mtn., except for Oct. 11’s home game versus TCU, which will be carried by CBS College Sports.

The Collegian staff can be reached at sports@collegian.com.