Authors: Collegian Editorail Staff

Finally, CSU sports fans have something to be proud of this semester. Finally, there’s something to celebrate.

After a surprising win Tuesday over UNLV, the women’s basketball team shocked the nation Wednesday by pulling off what will go down as one of the biggest upsets in school history.

The Rams, the worst team in the conference this year, beat the Utah Utes, the best team in the conference, 60-52 to advance to the semifinals of the MWC tournament in Las Vegas.

Believe it or not, the Rams are just two wins away from going to the Big Dance.

Hard to fathom considering just more than 300 fans showed up to watch this same women’s team at Moby Arena only weeks ago.

That’s why this really was David sleighing Goliath. No one outside the Rams’ locker room saw this coming.

The Rams went all season without a conference victory. The Utes went all season without a conference loss. The Utes are ranked 12th in the entire country. Even with the win, the Rams are ranked 301 out of 341 D-I teams in the country, according to realtimerpi.com.

For a school that suffered through record losing streaks by the football and the men’s and women’s basketball teams this year, Wednesday’s upset was refreshing to say the least.

And with the men’s team’s surprising win over Wyoming in the play-in game, March Madness is alive and well at CSU, even if it is just for one day.

Can you say ‘I’m proud to be a CSU Ram?’