Authors: Griffin Faust

Tonight is spring semester’s first 3 Voices reading at The Vault in Old Town, located at 146 N. College Ave. The event is scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m. and is open to all ages of the public before 9 p.m. After 9 p.m., the venue requires drinking-age patrons only.

3 Voices is a literary reading organized and performed by current graduate students at Colorado State University’s English MFA program. Dana Masden, a third-year graduate student and president of Organizing of Graduate Student Writers, selects three voluntary students from the program to read fiction, poetry and nonfiction.

“It’s a chance for CSU’s grad students to showcase their work, and to get a feel for what the writing community is like,” said Masden. 3 Voices has typically been performed at The Vault because “it’s a relaxed environment and really fun.”

Tonight’s writers are Shane Bondi, Jerrod Bohn and Terry Northrup. Bondi is a 2nd year graduate student with a bachelor’s in English from Appalachian State University and a bachelor’s in art from University of Oregon. Bondi will be reading fiction that she describes as “not happy or depressing, but funny”.

Bohn is in his first year at CSU, bringing his bachelor’s degree from University of Kansas. “This will be the first time reading in front of peers, so I want to show off a few things I’ve been working on and things I’ve learned thus far,” said Bohn. He will be reading poetry.

Masden has confirmed that Terry Northrup will be reading nonfiction, but Northrup was not available for interview. The next 3 Voices event is scheduled for May 1.

Staff writer Griffin Faust can be reached at verve@collegian.com.