Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer

Sometimes, a team is just meant to succeed. That seems to be the story with the CSU volleyball team this season.

Fresh off of a heart breaking loss on the road against Texas Christian University and losing their lead in the Mountain West Conference, the Rams rebounded, finishing the regular season on a good note.

The Rams (21-6 13-3) defeated the University of New Mexico (16-12 7-9) in three games Saturday afternoon, 30-22, 30-27 and 31-29. With the win CSU is guaranteed at least a share of MWC regular season title.

Outside hitter Jamie Strauss had another monster match for CSU, finishing with 19 kills and seven digs. Sophomore middle blocker Tessa Nelson also gave an impressive effort, leading the Rams in blocks with 10. Setter Ashley Fornstrom pitched in with 51 assists and six blocks.

CSU will find out later tonight if they will take the MWC title out right, after the University of Nevada-Las Vegas faces Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, tonight. The Rebels come into the game on a one game losing streak, falling to Utah in four games Friday.

Up next for CSU is the MWC tournament in Las Vegas, beginning on Wednesday, Nov. 21.

Volleyball beat reporter Adam Bohlmeyer can be reached at sports@collegian.com

Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer