Authors: Valerie Hisam

With comedy and a hearty mix of punk, rock, pop and soul, Static Life’s performance in the Ramskeller entertained the students who attended the free show Tuesday night.

Having performed for the local CSU audience before, Static Life, which is made up of twin brothers Michael and Adam Cole, drew a crowd all night long, and tried hard to keep the energy and excitement at a high level.

With a stage act of original and cover songs, the twins have seen high turnouts from the local community, even when their styles and influence vary.

“We are very different, but we are similar, too,” said Michael Cole, a current graduate student in neurosciences and 2004 alum. “We blend together to make a unique dynamic.”

As a part of ASAP Skeller Sessions, both musicians were more than willing to perform for their alma mater.

“It is an opportunity to play our original songs, but also for anyone underage to see us,” said Adam Cole, a 2006 graduate and a current research associate for the health and exercise sciences department.

With their blend of acoustic and rock style, the Cole brothers have launched multiple solo CD’s.

“They are always coming up with something new, so that anyone who likes good music will like this,” said long time friend and past roommate Derek Keen, a senior mechanical engineering major.

“It’s really fun and there brother duo is cute,” said Kristina Copp, a sophomore human development and family studies major.

With comedic improvisation acts between songs and an obvious connection between the two brothers, both clearly love performing now that they have the opportunity to do it together. And the duo was pleased with their performance last night, they said.

“We have combined forces,” Michael said. “There’s a lot of meaning behind what we play. It’s like our name (Static Life), lots of things have gone by quickly, but now it’s about capturing the moment with our music.”

Verve reporter Valerie Hisam can be reached at verve@collegian.com.