Authors: Nick Scheidies

Since 1991, Tom Morello has been playing for sold-out stadiums around the world as the lead guitarist for Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave.

Now, as a solo artist touring as the Nightwatchman, Morello has come to play for CSU students in a more intimate venue.

Morello’s concert will be held tonight at the Lory Student Center Theater. Doors open at 6:30 and the performance scheduled to begin at 7.

Tickets for the show are on sale at the Ibox in the Lory Student Center for $6 and are only available to CSU students.

Morello will be playing songs from his solo debut album, “One Man Revolution,” which was released in April. Though Morello first received recognition because of his innovative and often bizarre methods of playing the electric guitar, “One Man Revolution” features Morello simply playing an acoustic guitar and singing.

But he won’t just be playing music. Morello is also planning on using this show as an opportunity to speak to a student-only audience about his opinions regarding current global issues.

This isn’t surprising, as Morello has always been outspoken when it comes to politics. He has been an activist for various leftist causes and organizations, including “Axis of Justice” which he co-founded with Serj Tankian, lead singer of popular metal band, System of a Down. Morello’s solo work has also been featured on the soundtrack of Michael Moore films such as “Fahrenheit 911” and “Sicko.”

Tonight’s concert was made possible thanks to the efforts of ASAP, a student-led organization that strives to bring live entertainment to the CSU campus.

Entertainment writer Nick Scheidies can be reached at verve@collegian.com.