Authors: Kayla Huddleston

Ladybugs, princesses, pirates, firemen and a wide assortment of other mystical creatures were found wandering around the Lory Student center Wednesday for the children’s trick-or-treating event.

The LSC received a temporary makeover with each of the advocacy centers and offices decorated to take kids around the world on Halloween.

The Honeydukes Candy Shop in Hogsmead welcomed trick-or-treaters, STA Travel incorporated Japanese culture and El Centro helped visitors celebrate Halloween through all the Spanish-speaking countries.

Off Campus Student Services took guests on a tour of France to visit the Beauty and the Beast castle, the Wellness Zone welcomed kids to Ice-Land and SLiCE offered gondola rides through Italy.

Student Legal Services took a different approach giving trick-or-treaters the opportunity to fish for their candy in Finland.

“We try to have a game every year so the kids have fun,” Valerie McIntyre, office manager said. “Last year we had an obstacle course.”

The Directors Office provided one of the favorite destinations, Disneyland Resorts, with Winnie the Pooh and the Disney princesses handing out candy and coloring pages to costumed visitors.

The goal of the trick-or-treating event is to provide the public with a warm, safe and free place to spend Halloween.

Many kids took advantage of LSC to gather candy instead of braving the cold weather.

“It was much warmer coming here,” Alexis Cardona, 11, said.

Some parents chose to bring their children to CSU due to limited trick-or-treating options while others wanted a safe environment.

“It was a safe place for Grandma to take them,” Irene Cardona said of her granddaughters Alexis and Elizabeth.

Staff writer Kayla Huddleston can be reached at news@collegian.com.