Authors: Ricki Dugdale

For 10 years, Jim’s Wings has been chosen “Best Wings” by CSU students and for one very good reason: their delicious wings.

“We try to do our best to serve the people hot, spicy wings,” said Sam Grummert, assistant manager.

A variety of different wing styles plaster the menu and students can chose how many and how hot they want their wings.

Ranging from mild to Ram hot, every taste bud is accounted for.

“I like the taste and the varieties,” said Zak Hassler, senior horticulture and landscape technology major.

The wings are just the beginning as the menu expands to include chicken sandwiches, buffalo chicken salads, sample platters and a kid’s menu.

“We try to attract everybody,” Grummert said. “We do get college students and families.”

For more than 15 years, Jim’s Wings has been locally owned and operated, a feat that separates them from other wing places in Fort Collins.

“We aren’t a big chain,” Grummert said. “It’s more personal here.”

Located right off campus on Elizabeth, Jim’s also sees a lot of traffic from students on their way to and from class.

“We are in the middle of a main traffic area for students walking from campus to the outlying areas,” Grummert said.

Six televisions in the dining area also keep patrons tuned into their favorite sporting events. Students can keep up with their favorite college teams and everyone can enjoy football season and the upcoming World Series while enjoying beer and wings.

“You can’t beat delicious wings, beer and sports,” said Tyler Pike, junior sports medicine major. “I love it!”

So whether it’s a family night out or game night, students agree, Jim’s Wings is the place to go. Yet, if for some reason Jim’s doesn’t sound as appetizing but wings are on the brain, CSU students voted Buffalo Wild Wings a close runner up and Hooters as the third best wings joint in town.

Senior reporter Ricki Dugdale can be reached at news@collegian.com.