LTTE: leaving CSU

I am writing this letter to clarify the statements made in the article concerning my leaving CSU.

First of all, I had NO idea that the article was going to be about leaving CSU.

I was made out to sound like I would be leaving the school because of the article, which is completely false. And I would agree with all the criticism for the article if that was true. That would make me a fool!

Do not get me wrong, I cannot stand the Collegian or anything they stand for. But the only reason I would be leaving CSU is IF there is an increase in tuition – which many of you could understand.

Out-of-state tuition is extremely expensive already. I am from Wyoming, and let’s be honest, there is not much to choose from.

I had just read about it possibly increasing tuition, but it could very much so be a big myth. Kind of like this article. Weird.

This was NOT what I wanted to get across in the interview.

Maybe the comic showing my mother and I “missing the point” should be a huge picture of the journalist who wrote this article.

The point of the interview was ENTIRELY and COMPLETELY off.

When you have an editor who ignorantly curses our president, and reporters who twist people’s words, this shows how low-class the Collegian really is.

Also, I did not want to make the headline a conservative vs. liberal issue. These statements were taken out of context.

This article was the journalist’s story, NOT MINE.

I can take all the criticism in the world for what I believe in, trust me, but I will not take all this criticism for a poorly written article that is totally off the main point and does not express my true views and beliefs.

I wish I could go back in time and never have done the interview, but I can’t.

In conclusion, I would like to apologize to everyone for the journalist’s story, NOT MINE.

Holly Loucks

Sophmore construction management major