Authors: ELDAD SHARON

Internationally renowned singer and CSU professor Todd Queen will take stage Monday night at the Casvant concert hall in the second installment of the Virtuoso Series.

The series, performed entirely by the faculty of the music department, gives students and the public a chance to see the staff at their best, said Jennifer Clary, marketing and publicity coordinator for the music department.

Queen, who has not performed on campus in about a year, developed a new curriculum that was presented at the Operafestival di Roma this summer, where he has been on staff for four years.

CSU professor Joel Bacon, also an internationally known performer, will join Queen on the piano.

“I always enjoy collaborating with other musicians,” Bacon said. “I will enjoy collaborating with one of my colleagues.”

The performance will include works from Gustav Mahler’s “Songs of the Wayfarer,” Francis Jean Marcel Poulenc’s “Chanson Villageoises” and Vaughan Williams’ “Songs of Travel” and will be presented in their native tongues.

“I have always wanted to do (Mahler’s works),” Queen said. “Then I tried to build on the theme.”

All of the concerts in the series are followed by a “Meet the Artist” reception in which audience members can ask questions and chat with the artists.

“These concerts are cheap for students,” Clary said. “And a great time.”

Tickets can be purchased either online or at the campus box office in the Lory Student Center. They are $5 for CSU students and $10 to the public.

This is the second performance in the Virtuoso Series that runs through November. A full listing of the performances can be found on the school of arts website, www.sota.colostate.edu.

Staff writer Eldad Sharon can be reached news@collegian.com.