Authors: Anica Wong

CB & Potts in Fort Collins will host a bachelor/bachelorette auction Saturday to support RAMSTRONG, a foundation that offers aid to local citizens battling cancer.

Seventeen employees of CB & Potts, both male and female, will be auctioned off to community members and students.

“All of the money goes directly to RAMSTRONG,” said Mandy Latham-Frisbie, a senior business management and finance major. Latham-Frisbie is a server at Potts and was the one who spearheaded the fundraiser.

The “dates” will have a starting bid of $30, but bidders can increase the bid after that. Whoever wins one of the bachelors or bachelorettes will receive a $30 gift certificate to CB & Potts to use on their date. Anything above the minimum bid of $30 will go to RAMSTRONG, Latham-Frisbie said.

Latham-Frisbie encourages everyone to come and support RAMSTRONG. For students who want to contribute to the foundation but don’t want to bid on a date, donation buckets will be available.

“Even if they’re not there to bid, it’s a fun time anyway,” Latham-Frisbie said.

For Michelle Boyle, the director of RAMSTRONG, this is a great way for the college community to help the organization.

“I think it’s great that the college students want to get involved,” Boyle said.

RAMSTRONG started about a year ago because Boyle’s brother, Marc Lubick, an assistant Ram football coach, had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

The foundation now helps local families in northern Colorado who are battling cancer. Money from the foundation can be used to pay rent and buy groceries, as well as wigs and clothes.

The RAMSTRONG Foundation, which is now a part of the Poudre Valley Hospital Foundation, has many fundraising events throughout the year. Recently, the foundation raised $25,000 by hosting a golf tournament.

Boyle said that they also host a Valentine’s Day cocktail party, which this past February raised over $32,000. RAMSTRONG merchandise is sold in the Lory Student Center the Friday before home football games.

Boyle is excited for the event and is also thrilled with the interest from Potts to host the auction, she said.

“Potts has done a lot for RAMSTRONG,” Boyle said. “They are big supporters.”

This fundraiser will also help the foundation fund cancer research, which is especially important in this day and age.

“We like to think of it as fighting cancer in Ram country,” said Boyle.

Staff reporter Anica Wong can be reached at news@collegian.com

——————————-

What: CB & Potts Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction Benefiting RAMSTRONG

When: Saturday, Sept. 15. Doors open at 8 p.m. Auction starts at 9 p.m.

Where: Club House at CB & Potts

Can be any age to bid on a “date.”