LTTE: CSU Online

The summer is over, Target is again a mad house, and it takes three times as long to drive anywhere in town, yet there is still the hint of excitement in the air.

As I eagerly logged online to read the first issue of my beloved Collegian, I am distraught to find column after column telling me how unlucky I am to be here at CSU.

First of all, I would like to point out that the tuition increases should come as no big shock to anyone. No one really expected to see any of our referendum C money did they? At least I saw that coming, but not too many voters did, so don’t blame yourself.

Second of all, you have to look at the bright side of being dead last in state funding – we can only go up from here. Yep, I’m going to go ahead and play the optimistic role for you, Mr. Nowell.

If funding in Colorado is so terrible, then maybe next time a ballot comes around with a tax increase proposed, we should spend a little more time investigating what the money really will be spent on instead of what we hoped for. I would have liked cheaper tuition as well, but I was realistic.

Lastly, I think I speak for the majority of students when I say I am proud to be a CSU Ram, regardless of you pessimists finding all that is wrong with our University. Mr. Reed, apparently you forgot that you yourself were “foolish enough” to become not only a student here, but an editor as well.

Now to my final point, I would sincerely like to congratulate every new freshman on your acceptance to CSU; it is not as easy as Mr. Nowell would have you think. We have a lot to offer you if want to become involved. Have fun and good luck this year. I wish you the best.

Alycia Chapman

Sophomore English Major

achapman2@simla.colostate.edu