Authors: Nikki Cristello

Delta Tau Deta Fraternity took a tragedy and turned it into an opportunity for others.

The fraternity held its fourth annual Drew Grant Memorial Golf Tournament Saturday in Aurora at the Saddlerock Golf Course, raising $3,000 for the Larimer County Suicide Resource Center.

The tournament’s namesake, Andrew Grant, was a Delta Tau Delta member who committed suicide in 2003.

105 CSU students and Delta Tau Delta alumni and friends played 18 holes for the tournament.

Junior graphic design major Matt Slosky is Delta Tau Delta’s new member educator. He volunteered to set up the tournament and said while the weather wasn’t prime, it didn’t damper any spirits.

“It was cloudy and kind of chilly,” he said. “But it was supposed to rain and it didn’t. I had a great time.”

Erich Rettinger, senior business finance major said golfing for a good cause was fun and beneficial.

“Every year it keeps getting better and better,” Rettinger said. “I was happy a lot of people could participate. It was a good turnout for our alumni, too.”

Jarred Quintana, junior finance and real estate major said the tournament went smoothly.

“It’s big to remember one of our brothers,” said Quintana. “We donate money in his name, so it’s in memory of him.”

Delta Tau Delta was voted CSU Greek Interfraternal Chapter of the Year.

“Hard work pays off,” Rettinger said. “It’s an award well deserved to our chapter.”