Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer, Brandon Owens

After dropping the first game of its playoff series against the Oklahoma City Blazers, the Colorado Eagles have now taken a 2-1 lead in the Northern Conference Semifinals. Tonight, they return to the Budweiser Events Center for game four.

Colorado defeated the Blazers in Oklahoma City on Monday night 3-1, earning their second straight road victory. The home team has yet to win a game in the series.

Eagles center Sean Robertson scored the game-winning goal at 5:55 in the third period, beating Oklahoma City goalie Sebastian Centomo. CHL defensive player of the year Brad Williamson chipped in a goal seven minutes later to ensure the Eagles’ 3-1 victory.

Eagles captain and right wing Greg Pankewicz got Colorado started, scoring the game’s first goal with 1:55 left in the first – his fourth goal of the playoffs.

Colorado goalie Marco Emond earned his fourth win of the playoffs, blocking 33 of 34 shots. His only slip came in the second as Blazers left wing Ryan Watson scored his team’s only goal.

The Eagles finished with a playoff-high 43 shots on goal as they outshot the Blazers 43 to 34.

Colorado was also solid on special teams. They were successful on nine of 10 penalty kills and scored on one of four power play opportunities.

The Eagles will also play game five at home on Friday night. They can win the series with a victory tonight and a win on Friday.

Around the league, top-seeded Bossier-Shreveport is down 2-0 to Memphis, Arizona is up 2-0 on New Mexico, and Laredo is ahead of Corpus-Christi 1-0.

The puck drops for Colorado and Oklahoma City tonight at 7:05 at the BEC.

Eagles reporters Adam Bohlmeyer and Brandon Owens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.