Authors: Marissa HuttonGavel, Anica Wong

Read more about the Shooting…

In response to Monday’s shooting at Virginia Tech, CSU’s Greek Life passed its first resolution of the school year for ASCSU.

“It’s a statement of our support from our community to theirs,” said Annie Farrell, junior technical journalism major and Panhellenic president.

The resolution, written by Farrell and Jarred Quintana, was endorsed by the Office of Greek Life at CSU and will be sent to the vice president of Student Affairs as well as the associate director of Fraternity and Sorority Life at Virginia Tech.

“It is given to all the students as well as the Greek students at Virginia Tech.,” Director of Greek Life Mark Koepsell said. “We’re here and we care.”

The resolution states that, “The CSU Greek community wishes to extend a hand of friendship and understanding to our inter-fraternal and intercollegiate brothers and sisters.”

While Virginia Tech is not in CSU’s sports conference or a direct neighbor, the Greek community spans the nation. Junior economics major Kevin McBeth stressed this point.

“Being a national fraternity I have brothers there,” said the president of Beta Theta Pi fraternity.

Campus editor Marissa Hutton-Gavel and staff writer Anica Wong can be reached at news@collegian.com.