In a letter to the editor printed on Friday, Thomas Andrews claimed hatred and bigotry are the “bread and butter” of liberals. When Jerry Falwell supported Apartheid in South Africa, was that the fault of liberals? Or when he blamed 9/11 on “feminists, and gays and lesbians,” (among others)? He also said “AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals.” Let’s focus on Coulter. In 1980, Ann registered to vote in Connecticut as an 18-year-old, listing her year of birth as 1961. Sounds great, except that later on in life she had a driver’s license in D.C. listing her year of birth as 1963. Which is it? Either way it’s fraudulent. When asked by Time Magazine, she refused to give her birth date for “privacy reasons.” When four 9/11 widows endorsed Kerry in 2004, she said “I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ death so much.” On 9/12/2001, Ann said of Muslims, “we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity.” As for Tony Snow’s cancer death wishes, which I have never heard, how is that any different from Pat Robertson asking people to pray for the death of Supreme Court Justices? When Glenn Beck said of Katrina victims, “I didn’t think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims,” he neatly summed up my point; ultra-conservative pundits in this country hate a lot of people a lot of the time.

Mr. Andrews, stick to organ performance because history, current events, and political science are quite obviously not your strong suit.

Andy Bullecks

senior

history