Authors: Anica Wong

CSU has once again broken into top ranks – this time for its graduate programs.

According to U.S News and World Report, several CSU graduate programs were ranked in the “America’s Best Graduate Schools” 2008 edition.

The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences ranked the highest out of the recognized CSU graduate programs. CSU’s college tied for No. 2 with University of California-Davis and was beaten out by Cornell University.

Within the College of Applied Human Sciences, the Career and Technical Education program in the School of Education was ranked eighth. CSU is one of the leading members of the Council for Workforce and Human Resource Education.

The College of Engineering was recognized as the 55th college, while five curricula within the college were ranked. The chemical program came in at 52nd, the civil program was 31st, the mechanical program ranked 60th, the electrical program was recognized as 57th and the environmental engineering program ranked 33rd.

The Warner College of Natural Resources earth sciences program was the 70th college.

Five programs in the College of Natural Sciences were ranked nationally. The chemistry program was 43rd, the computer science program ranked 60th, the biological sciences program was recognized as 77th, the mathematics ranked 89th and the physics program came in 81st.

Staff writer Anica Wong can be reached at news@collegian.com.