Authors: Mary Swanson

Anyone looking for an economical way to enjoy some of Fort Collins’ microbrews this weekend need look no further than O’Dells Brewery.

This Friday, March 30, O’Dell’s Brewery is teaming up with Fort Collins Campus Feminist Alliance to sponsor an all-you-can-drink beer fest. The fundraiser will take place between 7 and 9 p.m. and will feature a silent auction and live music. Admission is $10 per person.

The event, which is in its third year, is meant to raise money for CSU’s annual Take Back the Night Rally sponsored by the Campus Feminist Alliance. It accounts for half of Take Back the Night’s budget, and raised more than $3,000 last year.

Businesses from around Colorado donated items to be auctioned off at the event. Prizes include restaurant gift certificates, ski passes and Colorado Rockies baseball tickets.

“This is our biggest fundraiser and the one that allows us to bring well-known speakers to Campus,” said Mary Bogus, a member of Campus Feminist Alliance. Bogus, a planner for the event, said individuals under 21 are welcome to attend and that even as a freshman she had a fun time, despite not being able to partake in the beer fest.

“Take Back the Night is a great way to raise awareness about sexual assault, because the statistics around sexual assault are astounding, and until you put on a face on sexual assault its not real to people,” said Karissa Ciarlelli, a committee member for Take Back the Night. “And O’Dells is a nice laid back way to raise money for Take Back the Night.”

Tickets can be purchased in advance from a member of the Campus Feminist Alliance or at the office of Women’s Studies, located in the Lory Student Center. O’Dells Brewery is located at 800 E. Lincoln St. on the east side of Old Town.

Staff writer Mary Swanson can be reached at news@collegian.com.