Bentfork the Grill

Authors: Sarah Milke

Any girl knows that a successful day of shopping can work up an appetite, and any guy knows that a meal is likely to be the best part of his day. Regardless of your reasons for being out at the Promenade Shops at Centerra off of Highway 34 and I-25 in Loveland, Bentfork the Grill has something to satisfy everyone.

From the outside of the restaurant it is hard to tell what to expect, but once you step inside you will be glad you did. The decorative aspects create an environment that is known as upscale-casual.

But once the menu is opened, the atmosphere will be the last thing on your mind. They have a great variety of dishes, most of them with a Southwestern feel – everything from pastas and buffalo meatloaf, to macaroni and cheese made with jalapeno cheddar, and ahi tuna.

The Bentfork also offers a variety of salads such as the shrimp fajita and appetizers like the Maryland crab cakes. But it’s their beef that has caught the public’s attention after being voted “The Best Burger” by the Denver Post. Burgers are served with French fries or cole slaw and can be ordered with mushrooms, fresh blue cheese and even applewood-smoked bacon.

Most importantly, the Bentfork offers some creative bar drinks – perfect for anyone who would rather drink their meal than eat it. The key lime pie martini, a combination of KeKe Beach key lime liqueur, Grey Goose vodka, a twist of lime and a graham cracker rim around the glass is sure to please.

After a drink, the meal is completed with dessert. The Grill offers sweets like cr/me brullee, the brownie sampler, raspberry bread pudding and banana fritters.

All in all, my experience at Bentfork the Grill was really good. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the food was good.

The prices weren’t especially cheap but they definitely were in the range that a college student could afford every once in a while for a treat.

The world is your restaurant so get out there and taste all it has to offer!

Staff writer Sarah Milke can be reached at verve@collegian.com.