Comedy Central Preview

Authors: Brian Park

Christian Finnegan’s father will not be shanked to death on Thursday night at CSU.

And he will not have to watch his girlfriend cheat on him by having sex on video camera either. Instead, he will rely on his stand-up comedy to bring laughter to CSU students.

Finnegan, who played the unfortunate white roommate Chad on the “Mad Real World” on the “Chappelle Show,” will perform with comedians Pablo Francisco, Nick Thune and Dan Levy.

The Association for Student Activity Programming is bringing the event, titled “Comedy Central on Campus: Two for Flinching,” to campus.

“Both comedians are really funny (Finnegan and Francisco), it’s going to be an awesome show,” said John Kormos, coordinator of the event at ASAP and a senior business management and accounting major.

Finnegan is also a panelist on VH1’s “Best Week Ever,” had his own special on Comedy Central and released his debut comedy album in October 2006.

Francisco, along with his own Comedy Central special, has appeared on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and uses sound effects as one way to make his audience laugh. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R&B songs and a bunch of guys going to a non-alcoholic nude bar are just a few of his targets.

The tour is hitting college campuses around the country and will make a stop at the University of Wyoming in Laramie on April 13.

Levy has hosted “Your Face or Mine” and “The Reality Show” on MTV, while Thune is preparing for his own Comedy Central special to air this year.

“At five bucks it’s a fantastic deal,” Kormos said. “I don’t think you could go to a show like this in Denver for this cheap.”

Staff writer Brian Park can be reached at verve@collegian.com.

Breakout Box:

Get Out & Laugh!

Comedy Central on Campus: Two for Flinching Tour

Where: Lory Student Center Main Ballroom

When: Thursday, March 22. Doors open: 6:30 p.m., Show starts: 7:30 p.m.

Tickets: For CSU Students Only. Tickets costs $5, with a limit of two tickets per student. Purchase tickets at the LSC Box Office or online at www.csutix.com.