For the fifth consecutive tournament, the CSU softball team had more wins than losses, finishing the Capital Classic with three victories in Sacramento, Calif. over the weekend.

The tournament ended sourly for the Rams with a 5-1 loss to Kansas, however Saturday victories over Minnesota (1-0) and Cal Poly (2-0) along with a Friday defeat of Mercer (13-0) brought the Rams season record to a total of 20-14.

Pitcher Rebecca Penland pitched a two-hit shutout Saturday against Minnesota in the best performance of the weekend by the Rams. Her ten-strikeout performance improved her season record to 4-2.

Not to be outdone by Penland’s morning performance, sophomore Kim Klabough also pitched a shutout for the Rams in Saturday afternoon’s victory over Cal Poly. Klabough allowed just three hits for the day.

CSU lost to Purdue by the score of 7-2 on Friday following its victory over Mercer.

The softball team returns to action Saturday with a doubleheader at Northern Colorado in Greeley.

NCAA Tickets

Tickets go on sale today for NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship First/Second Rounds, which will be held March 20 and 22, 2008, at the Pepsi Center in Denver.

CSU and the Mountain West Conference are co-hosting the games.

Ticket applications can be bought online from CSURAMS.com. Fans have until May 1 to apply to get tickets. If more tickets are applied for than available, a random lottery will be held.