Authors: By Collegian Staff

Fresh off a three-game winning streak from last weekend against top-notch competition on the road, the CSU softball team will come home to host the Colorado State Tournament this weekend.

Despite having already played 16 games on the season, the Rams (7-9) have yet to play a home game. That will end Saturday when CSU takes on Utah State at noon and Northern Colorado at 2:30 p.m. at Ram Field, which is south of Moby Arena.

Freshman shortstop/outfielder Robyn Mask who leads the team with five home runs and 12 RBIs and is second with a .350 avg. Sophomore starting pitcher Kim Klabough will look to add to her team lead of three wins.

In addition to the Saturday games, CSU will play both Utah State and Northern Colorado on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., respectively.

WATER POLO

Last week, CSU water polo won its only home match of the season. Now its back on the road as CSU will participate in the UC-Santa Cruz Slugfest Saturday and Sunday.

The annual tournament will match the Rams up against Santa Clara, CSU-Bakersfield, Cal State-East Bay and Sonoma State. All four of those teams are in CSU’s conference, the Western Water Polo Association.

Last week saw CSU defeat Colorado College 16-3. The Rams were led by goalie Andrea Lugo, who had seven saves and freshman forward Sarah Ostling, who had a career high four goals.

The Rams’ first game will take place Saturday at 7:30 a.m. against Santa Clara.