For the second consecutive season, CSU track and field athlete Kevin Johnson finished the Mountain West Championships as the top individual point-getter. And for the second consecutive season, it was not enough as the men’s team finished second in the conference championships Saturday in Albuquerque, N.M.

Johnson, who also finished as high point-getter in last year’s outdoor championship, was rewarded with the Outstanding Performance Award for his victories in the 60-meter hurdles and the heptathlon, fourth-place finish in the triple jump and sixth-place finish in the long jump.

Juniors Magnus Lohse (shot put) and Drew Morano (400-meter dash) also took first in their respective events. The men’s team, however, could not surpass the dominating performance of BYU, the final score ending up at 180-143.

The CSU women joined the men as silver medalists at the championships with both teams finishing behind BYU. Seniors Katie Lloyd and Janay DeLoach led the Rams with victories in the pentathlon and long jump, respectively.

DeLoach also finished second in the 60 meters, however, it was not enough for the Rams to repeat as champions as the team was unable to overcome BYU, losing by the overall score of 179-122.