Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer, Brandon Owens

After suffering consecutive losses for only the third time this season, the Colorado Eagles (35-11) are looking to recover this weekend with back-to-back home games against the Oklahoma City Blazers and the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.

The Eagles, 5-5 in their last 10 games, will host Oklahoma City (24-13-7) tonight at the Budweiser Events Center. The Blazers trail Colorado in the Northwest Division 15 points.

This will be the fourth game between the two teams this season. The Eagles have lost their last two contests to Oklahoma City, who now leads the season series 2-1. Colorado has struggled to score goals during the series, posting six compared to the Blazers’ 10. However, tonight will be the first game of the series played at the BEC.

Colorado looks to avenge a Valentine’s Day loss to Bossier-Shreveport (29-12-5) on Saturday night. The Mudbugs defeated the Eagles 4-3, coming from behind to score three unanswered goals in the third period.

The season series between the rival clubs is now tied 1-1. The Eagles defeated the Mudbugs 4-2 on Jan. 13. Saturday’s game marks the last time the teams will meet in the regular season.

The Mudbugs are lead by goalie John DeCaro who sports a .931 save percentage, tied for first in the Central Hockey League. DeCaro has won his last five games, giving up only nine goals. Bossier-Shreveport is ranked third in points in the CHL with 63.

Goalie Pablo Colaiacovo has started for the Eagles the past four games instead of traditional starters Marco Emond and Tim Boron. Colaiacovo, the all-time wins leader for goalies in Eagles history, had missed all of the season until now due to injury. In his four starts, he has given up 16 goals, losing twice and being pulled from a game once.

Center Riley Nelson has been on a tear recently for the Eagles. In his last four games, Nelson has scored four goals and five points overall. He currently ranks second in the CHL in goals scored and is fourth overall in points.

The puck drops for both games at 7:05 p.m.

Eagles beat reporters Adam Bohlmeyer and Brandon Owens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.