The CSU Student Recreation Center will host the third annual Mind Body Fair on Wednesday with a few new events.

This year the fair will offer workshops and sample classes taught by student recreation center staff to raise awareness for non-traditional ways for healthy living.

New to the fair this year is a featured keynote speaker. Renowned author L. Kae Graniel specializes in what she calls the “Mind Body Language” and will speak at 5:30 p.m. about establishing a mind and body connection.

Tamar Cline, one of the committee members in charge of the fair, likens the fair to a free fitness conference because there will be so many educational tools for people to learn from.

Vendors contributing to the event have quadrupled in number from last year, with over thirty participating. CSU Stress Management Program, Campus Recreation Massage Therapy and the Wellness Zone will all be in attendance, along with other community businesses.

Sample classes will be activity-based and participants are encouraged to wear comfortable clothes. Workshops will be mostly lecture-based and will include topics such as meditation and aromatherapy.

A complete list of classes, workshops and vendors available, as well as the schedule times, can be found on the CSU Student Recreation Center Web site by clicking on the Mind Body Fair link under announcements. Everything is free to student and community members.

– The Mind Body fair will run from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

– Keynote speaker, L. Kae Graniel will speak at 5:30p.m. in the Long’s Peak Room

– For more information visit http://welcome.colostate.edu/index.asp?url=campus_events_mindbodyfair.