Authors: Jenna Lynn Ellis

Republican Sen. Steve Johnson of Fort Collins and Rep. Don Marostica of Loveland will hold a town meeting Saturday in Loveland to personally address state issues with members of the community.

CSU students, faculty and administration are invited to attend and participate. The meeting will be held at the Loveland City Council Chamber, located at 300 E. Third St. in downtown Loveland.

“The purpose of this town meeting is to give you the chance to ask questions of us or express your views on issues facing the state legislature,” Johnson said in an e-mail to his constituents. “We are happy to address issues you want to hear about, but we both want to give as much time as we can to you to share your thoughts.”

Johnson is a former member of the Education Committee and has previously spoken with CSU students, including at the ASCSU Day at the Capitol, about higher education. He currently sits on several committees, including the Joint Budget, Health & Human Services and Appropriations committees.

Marostica currently sits on the Finance and Transportation & Energy committees.

The hour-long meeting starts at 10 a.m. and will be the first town meeting for the 2007 legislative session, which ends May 9. Johnson plans to hold meetings throughout the session in various locations within Larimer County, he said.

Staff writer Jenna Lynn Ellis can be reached at news@collegian.com.