Authors: Adam Bohlmeyer, Brandon Owens

Even in exhibition games, it seems no defenders can stop the Colorado Eagles and their players.

On Wednesday, three Eagles players participated in the CHL All-Star Game, playing for the Northern team. Center Riley Nelson and right wing Chris Hartsburg both had goals while defensemen Brad Williamson added assists as the Northern Conference beat the Southern Conference 9-6, the North’s fourth straight victory.

The players weren’t the only Eagles to shine at the all-star game as Colorado Head Coach Chris Stewart was at the helm of the Northern Conference team. This was Stewart’s third straight appearance and win as an all-star coach.

The four Eagles will join the rest of their teammates for two games over the weekend.

Tonight, the Eagles (27-5) will face off against the Arizona Sun Dogs (16-15-1) at the Budweiser Events Center in Windsor. This will be the fourth meeting between the teams this season. Colorado has had success so far, leading the series 3-1.

The Sundogs are fronted by all-star right wing Brent Kelly, who leads the team in points, goals and assists. Goalies Chris King and Kris Mayotte have split time in the net for Arizona.

On Saturday, Colorado will host the New Mexico Scorpions (15-14-3).

The last time the two teams met, the Eagles easily defeated the Scorpions 5-1. Colorado has a commanding lead in the season series, winning all four games played thus far this season. New Mexico has failed to display a consistent goaltender, starting four different players in the net.

The puck drops for both games at 7:05 p.m.

Eagles beat reporters Adam Bohlmeyer and Brandon Owens can be reached at sports@collegian.com.

________________________________________

y the Numbers

18- Consecutive games the Eagles have won at the Budweiser Events Center after losing their season opener to the Rocky Mountain Rage.

16- Points the Eagles are ahead of the second place team in the Northwest Division.

15- Consecutive games won by the Eagles before a loss the Memphis River Kings on Jan. 12.

3- Points the Memphis River Kings are behind Colorado for the overall CHL lead.