Authors: Michelle Zilis

With the new semester accelerating into high gear, new events for all areas of interest are right at hand. CSU organizations are already working hard to offer students entertaining ways to relax and enjoy being on campus.

/After the holiday feasts, students head back to the gym in high numbers. The CSU Recreation Center is planning two big events for this semester. The first event, the Mind Body Fair, will happen on Jan. 30 and will offer workshops, vendors and classes, in addition to the keynote speaker, L. Kae Graniel.

Also, much like the Thriller dance event the rec center hosts, be prepared to get your groove on again, this time to the Saturday Night Fever dance. In honor of National Fitness day, on Feb. 19 students can learn the dance from 7:30 to 9 p.m.

/April 18 has been proclaimed a state holiday in honor of CSU by the governor. Therefore the Alumni Association has created “I Love CSU Day” to celebrate to holiday. They will be encouraging everyone to wear green and gold and will be handing out goodies. The day is to promote RamPride across the state!

/Speaking of Ram Pride, follow the Rammies to a rivalry game that is sure to be intense! ASCSU is offering a bus to take students to the Air Force Academy on Feb. 17 for the CSU-Air Force basketball game. Prices have not been set.

/If you’re a doer instead of a spectator, think about getting a group together to take advantage of the CSU ski train trip on March 3. Put on by CSU alumni and the Denver RAM network, the ski train that departs from Union Station has a car reserved just for CSU. Spend the day up at Winter Park with all your friends and don’t worry about driving home after or dealing with traffic!

/Are you an appreciator of the arts? SOTA has a wide-ranging list of events this semester for viewers. Two big art exhibits are coming to campus. Renowned Coast Salish artist Susan Point will have her artwork shown in the Hatton Gallery starting on March 26.

/The Undergraduate Visual Arts Exhibition at Curfman Gallery has proven to be a hit in the past. If you’re in Lory Student Center with some free time, go look at the amazing accomplishments fellow CSU students have created. The exhibit starts March 30.

/Also, SOTA is presenting several plays, including “Low Level Panic” which begins Jan. 31. Also, “Picasso at the Lapin Agile,” Steve Martin’s play set in 1904, will run starting Feb. 8. In addition to the exhibitions and theatre, SOTA also has a vase range of musical events coming, from jazz to percussion to opera and choirs, as well as dance showcases. Check out their Web site for more details: www.sota.colostate.edu.

If none of these events tickle your fancy, remember there are only 50 days until Spring Break!

Staff writer Michelle Zilis can be reached at verve@collegian.com.