Authors: Emily Lance

Habitat for Humanity and Greek Life have teamed up to build a home for a needy Fort Collins family that was ravaged by war in Bosnia.

And they’re set to hold a ball today at 9 p.m. in the Main Ballroom of the Lory Student Center to raise funds for the cause.

The ballroom will be filled with a mix of old and new tunes provided by the members of Phi Mu Alpha at the “Home for the Holidays – Habitat for Humanity Benefit Ball.”

The event is a casual to semiformal affair, with food and drinks provided.

Tickets are available across from the LSC Bookstore for $10 or can be purchased at the door for $13.

All proceeds will go toward the Habitat for Humanity Home built for a local Fort Collins family.

Davor and Jasmina Strikic and their daughter Aida were the family chosen to receive the home. The benefit ball is one of the major fundraisers Greek Life is using to raise the $110,000 needed for construction.

A raffle drawing will be at the door for two round trip tickets to anywhere in the United States, courtesy of the Fort Collins Habitat for Humanity.

Ryan Hodac, community service chair for the Interfraternity Council, is hoping to not only raise funds but also raise awareness about the project.

“We want to bring people together for a good time and a good cause,” he said.

Staff writer Emily Lance can be reached at campus@collegian.com.

______________________________________

For more information on the ball, contact Taylor at tlungren@simla.colostate.edu or Sonja Jenson at 491-0966 or sonja.jensen@colostate.edu.