Authors: Sean Star

Heavy snowfall and a lack of gym space forced the CSU football team to cut practice short by an hour Tuesday afternoon.

The men’s basketball, women’s basketball and volleyball teams occupied all indoor facilities the team may have used.

Head Coach Sonny Lubick joked with his team during the practice that the poor weather would be good preparation for the Rams’ game Saturday in San Diego where the game time temperature is expected to be 70 degrees.

“We really couldn’t get much done,” said Lubick. “We really couldn’t get inside if we wanted to.”

Junior wide receiver Johnny Walker said the offense was able to some preparation time in for the San Diego State defense during the hour-long workout.

“I’m pretty sure everyone wish we could have gone longer,” said Walker.

Lubick said his team will likely practice for an hour this afternoon if it snows again.

The Rams will enter this weekend’s season finale on a six game losing streak, the longest of coach Lubick’s tenure at CSU.

Quote of the day: “Nobody wants to end the season on a 0-7 losing streak,” Walker on winning the season’s final game against SDSU.

Injury report: Senior running back Nnamdi Ohaeri will miss this weekend’s game with a hamstring injury. Sophomore running back Gartrell Johnson III will start in his absence with sophomore Michael Myers receiving significant carries also.

Football beat writer Sean Star can be reached at sports@collegian.com.