Authors: Sean Star

Senior offensive lineman Josh Day fears his last home game as a Ram will be less than unforgettable.

“It kind of sucks because (the game) is during Thanksgiving break,” he said, fearing the home crowd will not be up to par because of those still out of town.

Thankfully the students of CSU have the chance to surprise Day.

So, for no other reason than the support of the CSU Ram football seniors, change your Thanksgiving break plans in time to get back to Fort Collins for the last home game of the season, Nov. 25 against the defending conference-champion Texas Christian.

Student tickets have been available for the game since Monday in the Lory Student Center and McGraw Center.

While this season may seem like a lost cause to many, senior offensive lineman Clint Oldenburg is hoping to end his career at home on a high note.

“If at this point in the year we can get a win, it would be huge,” said Oldenburg, “Especially for the seniors.”

Oldenburg also commented on how fast his time as a Ram has passed.

“It seems like just yesterday I was a freshman checking into Corbett Hall wondering if I could play at this level,” said the senior from Gillette, Wyo.

Linebacker Luke Adkins, wide receiver Dustin Osborn, running back Nnamdi Ohaeri, running back Tristan Walker, defensive back Chase Webber and offensive lineman Jerome Williams will also play their final game at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium in two weeks.

Football beat writer Sean Star can be reached at sports@collegian.com.