To the Editor:

Collegian’s “Our View” makes me sick

I have decided that civil words don’t really work for you all. You ask for respect from someone, yet you mock them. This paper has consistently angered me and everyone I talk to about it. You are so far liberal that you have no respect for a conservative viewpoint. You preach human dignity yet you can’t show it to anyone with a differing viewpoint. You disgust me. Liberals are idealists, meaning they live off of hopes and dreams. Conservatives are most often realists, meaning they live in reality. We would all like to see everyone go happy and cross borders, no longer be starving but the fact is it doesn’t happen, and it never will.

Another note: An editorial board at most places at least has a few conservative columnists. I don’t even think you have one now. Not very representative of your own school. Grow up, stop being so mocking, show respect and hire some conservatives. You make me sick.

Donald Hackett

senior

political science

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

No mention of veterans

I must say that I’m disappointed in the Collegian. Friday was the day before Veteran’s Day but there was no mention of (much less a “thank you” for) the brave men and women who risked their lives for this country. Even with the election Tuesday, there was no acknowledgement of the soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen that are fighting and have fought bravely for us to have those free elections. Since the Collegian did not say it, I will: Thank you veterans!

Brett Coghlan

freshman

wildlife biology