Authors: Nick Hubel

The Ram women’s basketball team wraps up their exhibition preseason today as they take on the Division II Metro State College Roadrunners in Moby Arena.

The Rams are 1-0 on the season, having defeated Western State College 72-48 Sunday afternoon. The Rams were led by senior center Marilyn Moulton, who finished with 16 points and six rebounds.

The team also had strong performances from their young corps of talented players, with three freshmen scoring double digits.

Forward Juanise Cornell had the team’s only double-double, scoring 12 points and pulling down 10 rebounds. Guard Kelly Jo Mullaney and center Raysha Ritter each finished with 11 points.

The Rams were able to cut their average of 18 turnovers from last year in half, finishing with only nine. They also out-rebounded the Roadrunners 46-35.

This Thursday’s game could bring more of a challenge for the Rams, despite Metro State’s Division II status. Metro was picked to finished second in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference, and has all five starters returning from last season. They will also be bringing with them junior guard Paige Powers, who was elected to the preseason All-RMAC team.

The Rams will undoubtedly be well prepared under second year Head Coach Jen Warden, who has yet to lose a preseason exhibition game. They will also have the support of the Colorado State fans, as the women have played in front of a least 1,000 fans in each of the last 161 straight games.

Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. in Moby Arena.

The Rams open their regular season Monday at Moby Arena against the Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos.

Women’s basketball beat writer Nick Hubel can be reached at sports@collegian.com.