Authors: Geoff Johnson

It’s on.

As planned, three CSU students will lead what they intend to be a record-breaking group of streakers this weekend.

“We’re going to lead the way with torches,” said Rob Thomas, a junior open-option major seeking technical journalism. “Like Indiana Jones.”

Rob Thomas is set to streak along with Nick Thomas (no relation), a senior political science and liberal arts major, and Charlie Scheid, a freshman open-option major seeking business,

The streaking will take place after Saturday’s football game against New Mexico at 6:30 p.m. on a plot of land approximately one and a half miles north of Hughes Stadium.

The privately owned piece of land is on the west side of Overland Trail.

The goal for the streaking event, they say, is to break the Guinness World Record for the largest mass-streaking event. The current world record, 1,200, was set in Boulder.

People intending to streak are asked to sign up at tables on the field so that Thomas, Thomas and Scheid can keep track of the number of what they hope to be at least 1,250 participants. Donations of cash for cancer research will also be encouraged at the sign-up tables.

Each person will supply his or her name and birth date on a numbered spreadsheet. Subsequently, he or she will be marked with a corresponding number in permanent marker.

Participants do not need to be entirely naked. Participants are asked to be at least “90 percent” naked. Stickers will also be available, said Nick Thomas – “to cover up.”

Staff writer Geoff Johnson can be reached at news@collegian.com.